#166 – Coca-Cola Summer Film Festival at The Fabulous Fox Theatre – This Weekend! Catch a Flick at The Fabulous Fox!
If you’ve never seen a movie at The Fabulous Fox Theatre, then this weekend is your chance to remedy that! The Fox Theatre was one of Atlanta’s finest movie houses from the 1940s through the 1960s, and seeing a movie there today is still a marvelous experience. The glorious interior – full of rich history, gorgeous architecture, and that awe-inspiring sky-scape – the huge screen, the smell of popcorn . . . you can truly be transported to another time in a way that is nearly impossible in modern-day theatres.
This is a great weekend to see movies at The Fox – July 29 through August 1, 2010, for the annual Coca-Cola Summer Film Festival (there are three more mid-week dates coming up, August 10 through 12, 2010). Get out of the summer heat and pick a flick from this weekend’s schedule, which includes a delightful mix of old and new:
- Friday, July 30, 2010 – 7:30 PM – Caddyshack 30th Anniversary
- Saturday, July 31, 2010 – 2:00 PM (matinée) – How to Train Your Dragon
- Saturday, July 31, 2010 – 7:30 PM – Iron Man 2
- Sunday, August 1, 2010 – 2:00 PM (matinée) – Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Tuesday, August 10, 2010 – 7:30 PM – The General (silent film accompanied live on the Mighty Mo organ by Clark Wilson)
- Wednesday, August 11, 2010 – 7:30 PM – Singin’ in the Rain
- Thursday, August 12, 2010 – 7:30 PM – Sex and the City 2
Seating is general admission, first-come/first-served, so arrive early! Another great reason to get there early is to enjoy the pre-show experience that includes a sing-along with the Mighty Mo organ and a vintage cartoon – making this a movie experience like no other!
Tickets are only $8.00 – and if you enter 365Atlanta’s “Dinner and a Movie” Giveaway Contest, you might win four movie tickets to the Coca-Cola Summer Film Festival at The Fabulous Fox Theatre and a $50 gift certificate to Baraonda Caffe Italiano!
For more information on this weekend’s film and upcoming films in August, you can visit the Coca-Cola Summer Film Festival page on The Fox Theatre’s website – check back for updated film times and other information.