According to the East Atlanta Strut website (and weather.com, in case you’re interested in a meteorologist’s opinion), there is zero chance of rain tomorrow, so you have no excuse for not heading down to join in the fun.
The East Atlanta Strut is now in it’s 13th wildly successful year and is more than just a neighborhood festival. It’s “a community-organized, one-day festival, featuring music, art and events to raise money for neighborhood charities, organizations and support local businesses.” Previous years’ beneficiaries of the monies raised by the Strut include East Atlanta Kids Club, East Atlanta Business Association, and EAV Farmers’ Market. Here’s a quick run-down of what you can expect:
- 5K Run – Start the day off right with a good, early-morning run! Early registration has ended but you can register the day of the race from 7:00 AM until 7:50 AM. It’s only $25 and supports the community. Click here for the registration form (I know it says 2009 at the top but it’s the one on the website, so I’m sure it’ll work just fine!)
- Artists Market – From 10 AM until 7:00 PM. Let’s face it, artists don’t get up as early as runners, so they kick things off a little later. But there are over 65 vendors scheduled to be there with tons of great stuff for you to buy!
- Kids’ Village – From 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM. Keep those little ones busy with face painting, tumble mats, kid-friendly cooking demos, arts and crafts and more!
- Music – Five stages jam-packed with talent from 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- Parade – 2:00 PM. Who doesn’t love a parade?
- Mechanical Bull – From 3:00 PM until 8:00 PM. Amaze your friends, embarrass yourself, and take home a nice case of whiplash! But seriously, they’re having one – you know you want to try it out!
- Imperial Opa Circus – From 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM. Dazzling and diverse circus performers to delight and amaze you!
- Used Book Sale – From 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
Most importantly, attendees are encouraged take public transportation or other non-car means of making your way down to the East Atlanta Strut. Parking will, of course, be limited and our dear friends at PARKAtlanta will be patrolling and searching out violators. Be cautious when parking in non-designated areas!
And remember, Atlanta prohibits bringing pets and other animals into large festivals and gatherings – please leave them at home.