#347 – WIN! Red Carpet VIP Tickets to the Opening Night Gala of the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival – Tuesday, February 8, 2011 at The Fox Theatre!

11th-annual-2011-atlanta-jewish-film-festival-ga

WIN an incredible evening of food, film and fun from 365Atlanta!

The Atlanta Jewish Film Festival is the largest film festival in Atlanta and, after this year, will most likely be crowned the largest Jewish film festival in the country. Bringing in such VIPs over the years as Josh Lucas, Judd Hirsch, Don Bluth and other big names in the film industry, the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival is bigger and better than ever this year. You can be there on opening night as a Red Carpet VIP for an amazing evening of food, film, and fun! It’s truly a red-carpet night – the fashion, the glitz and glamour…and you could win your way in!

The Event: The Fabulous Fox Theatre’s Egyptian Ballroom plays host to the AJFF Opening Night VIP pre-film reception at 5:30 PM. Some of Atlanta’s best chefs from the city’s legendary restaurants will personally prepare tempting culinary delights, each perfectly paired with wine from a premier vineyard. Look for Kevin Rathbun of Rathbun’s and  Iron Chef America, Gary Donlick of Bistro Niko, Peter Kaiser of TWIST, Piero Premoli of Pricci, and others will be on hand personally preparing these delectable offerings.

The reception will end with an exciting live auction, with offerings such as private dining experiences catered by the chefs themselves among the high-end bid items, as well as entertainment-themed travel packages (think American Idol tickets, tickets to the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, trips to New York City, and much, much more!). All auction proceeds will support future AJFF programming.

atlanta-jewish-film-festival-opening-night-jews-and0baseball-america-love-story-atlanta-ga-february-2011

The Film: At 7:30 PM, the curtains will rise on the first film of the 2011 Atlanta Jewish Film Festival with the award-winning documentary Jews and Baseball: An American Love Story, a nostalgic look at some of the greatest Jewish ballplayers in history. Sponsored in part by the Atlanta Braves, this film will be a delight to baseball fans young and old. An all-star line-up of VIP guest speakers will round out the evening with a Q&A about the film and baseball.

The Prize: You could win your way in to this incredible VIP experience! 365Atlanta is giving away one (1) pair of Red Carpet VIP tickets – that’s a $500 value! The evening begins with the reception in The Fox’s Egyptian Ballroom at 5:30 PM, followed by the film in The Fabulous Fox Theatre at 7:30 PM. Don your most glamorous threads and walk the red carpet, rub elbows with celebrity chefs, feel the excitement of the auction!

Two Ways to WIN: Subscribe to 365Atlanta.com and post a comment here on this blog post with your favorite baseball memory. You can enter only one (1) time with a comment here. You can also get one (1) additional entry by following @365Atlanta on twitter and tweeting this:

“I just entered to win 2 Red Carpet VIP tix to #Atlanta Jewish Film Fest opening night from @365Atlanta! http://ow.ly/3Ir0z #365atlanta #ajff”

Enter between now and Monday, January 31, 2011! Winner to be determined in a random drawing and announced on Tuesday, February 1. Good luck!

Click here to review Contest Rules. Entering a comment on this blog post constitutes your entry in this contest and your affirmation that you have read and accepted the Contest Rules.

Tags:

26 Enlightened Replies

Trackback  •  Comments RSS

1. Nick A Demos says:

I had heard that Hank Aaron was going to break Babe Ruth’s home run record, I decided I wanted to be there and see it. I went to the event, April 8, 1974 and there that night Hank Aaron hit his 715th homerun and broke Babe Ruth’s record, and I was a witness to baseball history that evening.

2. Betty Dworschak says:

It’s amazing how many people incorrectly think there are no professional Jewish baseball players – I hope this documentary will set the record straight. Tom and I love baseball!

3. One of my favorite memories of baseball was actually just this past summer…I got to go onto Turner Field! OK, it wasn’t as a VIP, but it sort of was. Turner Field offers tours year-round and the best part of the tour is a visit to the Braves’ dugout and the field it self…where I made one of my favorite photos. The tours are family-friendly, fan-friendly, tourist-friendly…overall a great day in the ball park.

4. Roberto Sanchez says:

I’ve had one and only experience with Turner Field. It was in the 90s, and I was a child as well as an immigrant to the United States. My family here decided what better than a baseball game to welcome him. It is one of my family memories that I’m trying to preserve but with time it has become difficult due to my early age. This in itself is my favorite baseball memory.

5. Meg Watterson says:

My favorite baseball memory was going to Turner Field with my dad when I was 10 years old. It was very special because it was a rare Dad & daughter only day– no pesky older brother in tow. I got a mini wooden Braves bat (that I still have!) and got to sit right behind 3rd base. Although my Dad claims I feel asleep halfway through the game, it’s still the best time I’ve ever had at Turner Field.

6. Patti Davis says:

I attended opening night at Turner Field when Hank Aaron walked out with the home plate. They then released a bundle of white doves. It was a very special night.

7. Meredith says:

My husband and I have been to several games at Turner Field. We were even invited to a luxury box and had so much fun!

8. Jackie K says:

My first Braves game as a Georgia Newbie: Friends pulled out VIP for lil’ ol me! 755 Club tickets where we got to watch the game from covered porch area and occasionally slip into the air conditioned inside and grab a cocktail! Nice!!

9. K R Mills says:

Sid Bream safe at home plate!!!

10. CJ Albert says:

How often do you get to see someone fall deeply in love? We took our then-three year old son to his first game at Turner Field. We brought him there early, and took him down near the field where players were warming up. He watched the balls being thrown and caught, stared at the expansive field and inhaled the grassy air. He knew he was experiencing something magical and thus began his lifelong affair with first true love: baseball.

11. Lyn Grossman says:

A few years ago my uncle came to town on his way up north. He had been born and raised in Atlanta and was an avid Braves Fan. I decided to take him to a Braves game and since it was very last minute, we purchased two tickets “on the street”. For a very reasonable amount we garnered tickets right behind home plate in the second tier. The game was fun, and the Braves won. My uncle pointed out to me that his original home was somewhere out there by the outfield. I cherish this memory, especially now that he is gone. He had delighted in that day.

12. Terri218 says:

My best baseball memory was watching A League of Their Own.

13. Doug Miller says:

Going way back to the 70’s, I was at a game in Milwaukee and the cast from the TV show HAPPY DAY’S were walking thru the stadium.

14. Trisha says:

my favorite baseball memory was driving around san francisco with my grandpa while he was honking and i got to hang out of the car window waving my foam finger!!

15. Lauren says:

My favorite baseball memory of all time is undboubtedly watching the “Iron Man,” Cal Ripken, Jr. play in his 2,131st consecutive game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. And to make the occasion even more memorable, Ripken hit a home run in that same game! Total Excitement :)

16. RaShun says:

Growing up in Atlanta I attended (and still do) numerous Atlanta Braves games bringing my glove along with me every time. And I’ll never forget when I actually caught a foul ball at Turner Field. It wasn’t one of those ricocheted foul balls that glanced off a railing or fell from the upper level; I caught it on the fly!

The year after Fred “Crime Dog” McGriff was traded from the Braves he was playing for the Chicago Cubs and had returned for a game at The Ted. I was sitting in my usual seat down the third baseline when he was late on a fastball. It headed my way and after what seemed like an eternity, landed in my mitt. I realized that I was smothering my mom and reaching over 2 other [Cubs} fans.

Not only had I caught a foul ball at a game, but I caught my idol’s growing up foul ball. I still have it today.

17. Lynn says:

My husband and I had row 8 seats behind homeplate at Fenway Park several years back. Thus began our trips — to eventually visit all of the ML Baseball Stadiums. We are about 1/2 way through the list!

18. Laura B says:

Ditto on Sid Bream at home plate!

19. T Thompson says:

I think one of my favorite baseball memories is going to Braves Spring training back in the early 90’s when they were still in Palm Beach. Great small, intimate stadium and you could actually meet the players after games. Good times!

20. ‘Build it and they Will come.’

21. YZF says:

My best memory was going to Busch stadium with my grandparents when I was around seven years old. My grandfather and I got into the game, while my grandmother enjoyed the puns that flashed across the electronic scoreboard.

22. Cary Aien says:

Red Socks vs. Yankees at Fenway.

23. Bruce Northrop says:

My favorite baseball memories include watching with my Dad Mickey Mantle go 1 for 4 in his final season with the Yankees. Listening to the Mets world series games with my grandfather on a transistor radio in 1969. Seeing the Cubs play a day game in Wrigley field with my uncle. In more recent times being able to go to the world series in Atlanta for 1 game in which the Braves beat the Twins 3 to 2.
    “Take me out to the ball game”…

24. Maura says:

We just notified the winner! One s/he confirms, we’ll make the announcement. OR if s/he can’t go, we’ll draw another name…stay tuned!

25. Maura says:

Congrats to YZF – @WhyZeeEff on Twitter – who WON the 2 Red Carpet VIP tickets to the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival’s Opening Night Reception and Film!

Stay tuned for more great giveaways – coming very soon!

26. Jessica says:

I have 2 memories that are extremely special.. When I was a little girl, my dad took me down to the Braves dugout before a game to get an autograph on my baseball. Bigger kids and adults kept pushing me back, but a young kid with a full leg cast pointed at me and said, “You’re next, sweetheart.” He signed my ball, “Chipper Jones.” My dad told me as I walked away beaming that he’ll be one of the greatest players in Braves history one day. Boy was he right! I still have that ball.. look at it every single day.

Post a Reply