It’s a Full Week of St. Patrick’s Day Fun at Fado Irish Pub’s Week of Savage Craic – March 10 through 17, 2011
What better place to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day than at an authentic, Dublin-style Irish pub? And how better to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day than to celebrate for, well, an entire week?
Of course, Fadó gives you the expected, knock-down, drag-out, mother of all St. Patrick’s Day parties on March 17, 2011 – what else would you expect from a true Irish-owned pub? It’s an all-day affair, with the pub opening at 7:00 AM (yes, that says AM!) so that you can start the day in style with a true Irish breakfast and, of course, a pint. From there, there’s a street festival that begins at noon with all the fixin’s – bagpipers, Irish dancers, beer tents, and plenty of Guinness. (After 2:00 PM, the party is ages 21+.) And then at 6:00 PM, the live bands begin with Into the Mystic, and then at 8:30 the stylings of Atlanta’s own ‘Desire’, the best U2 cover band in Atlanta. Tickets are $10 in advance – you can get them online from Atlanta’s own Ticket Alternative by clicking here. You can also be a last-minute purchaser and get them at the door for $15.
That’s all well and good – but what if you want to start your celebrating early…say, now? Here’s a list of Fadó’s events for their Week of Savage Craic (which, by the way, in Irish simply means “fun”).
- Tonight, March 10, 2011 – join me for the Bushmill’s Whiskey Dinner at 7:00 PM. Master of Whisky, Kevin Mulcahy will educate about whiskey tasting while we enjoy a four-course whiskey-inspired meal, paired with course-by-course tastings. The scrumptious menu includes Potato Leek Soup, Lamb Lollipops, Shepherd’s Pie and Harvest Bread Pudding. Limited reservations available. Tickets are $45.00 per person and advance reservations are required. Click here to purchase your tickets.
- Friday, March 11, 2011 – St. Baldrick’s Charity Event: Shave The Way to Conquering Childhood Cancer. Shaving from 2:30 until 7:30 PM. DJ starts at 10:00 PM to keep the party going!
- Saturday, March 12, 2011 – After the Atlanta St. Patrick’s Day Parade, head to Fadó for lunch, a refreshing pint, and the Ireland vs. Wales rugby match, for some truly savage fun.
- Sunday, March 13, 2011 – They’re gonna let you rest a little…but keep you energized with brunch and $10.00 bottomless Bloody Marys and mimosas. You have to keep your strength up – St. Patrick’s Day is just 4 days away…
- Monday, March 14, 2011 – Traditional Irish music session starts at 8:00 PM – come sing, clap and jig along to get in the mood!
- Tuesday, March 15, 2011 – Perfect Pint Night begins at 8:00 PM. Think you have what it takes to pour the perfect 119.5-second pint of Guinness? They’re letting you behind the bar to try it out yourself (it’s harder than it looks!).
- Wednesday, March 16, 2011 – The annual St. Patrick’s Day pub quiz starts at 8:00 PM. Go easy this night, lads and lasses, because you’ll need all your energy for the 17th!
Think you can handle Fadó’s Week of Savage Craic? It’s eight full days of full-on Irish fun…hope you’re up for it!