We’re almost halfway through the year, so I thought it might be a good idea to do a little check-up on my 2011 Atlanta Bucket List, cross off the things I’ve done and make a plan for the next couple to come off the list! Here’s where I am so far:
1. North Georgia Canopy Tours
2. Hike Stone Mountain & have a picnic at the top – The hubby and I have made plans to do this in the next couple of weekends…we’re even hoping to bring Charlie the Wonder Beagle along! I’ll be sure to post the video – it’s gorgeous there in the spring!
Attend the 75th Anniversary Celebration of Gone With the Wind at the Margaret Mitchell House – What better way to celebrate my all-time favorite book?
Visit BOTH Gone With the Wind museums – Marietta and Jonesboro
5. Go horseback riding at Lake Lanier
6. Become a “regular” at Farmers Markets – Most have just recently opened for the season – waiting for Saturday mornings without clients!
7. Make more time for art – visit the HIGH Museum whenever there’s an exhibit that interests me
Atlanta Food and Wine Festival – in May, inaugural year for this much-anticipated event
9. Have a romantic picnic in Piedmont Park
10. Go tubing on the Chattahoochee on a hot summer day – Plans are in the works!
11. Ride the Pink Pig – Christmastime will be here before we know it!
12. Tour Sweetwater Brewery
13. Greet U.S. troops returning home at Atlanta Airport with the U.S.O.
14. Eat my heart out at the Chili Cook-Off at Stone Mountain this fall
15. Take the CNN tour
16. Visit The Varsity – This one still scares me…debating whether it will actually happen or not…
17. Take the Atlanta Preservation Center’s Walking Tours
18. Tour Georgia Wine Country – Dear Hubby, I could use a vacation, soon. Just sayin’.
Sing my heart out at Happy Karaoke – Buford Highway’s premiere Korean private-room karaoke
Make time for more trips to “the corner” for The King of Pops I’ve done this, but it’s an ongoing process!
21. Take a cooking class at Cooks Warehouse with a favorite local chef
22. Walk in the Atlanta Community Food Bank Hunger Walk in March – UPDATE: sadly, I was sick that weekend, so I’m moving this to next year’s to-do list!
Check out the Winter Beer Carnival in February
24. Take a helicopter ride over the city
25. Sit in the “All You Can Eat & Drink” seats at an Atlanta Braves game
Not bad. Six crossed off and one, sadly, moved to next year. Plans for four more are in the works. But clearly, I need to get a move on!
How are you coming on your Atlanta Bucket Lists for 2011? Or if we’ve inspired you to start one today, let us know what you’re going to definitely try to do to explore Atlanta this year!